An FTP client can be very useful to upload big or multiple files for web storage or managing websites, unfortunately FTP is a very old and insecure protocol, all of your data, including your password will be sent in the clear, make sure you choose an FTP client that supports SFTP or FTPS for file transfers, open source Filezilla supports both and does an excellent job, but if you want an alternative Cyberduck is a sound one.
FTP client Cyberduck is a long time MAC only FTP client that has recently been ported to Windows, Cyberduck is a multilingual, lean and easy to use FTP client with advanced security features.
What makes Cyberduck a great alternative for FileZilla is that it will find out about your FileZilla websites settings and ask you if you want to import them. It also supports importing settings from other FTP clients.
Cyberduck for Windows
Cyberduck supported file transfer protocols
- FTP (File Transfer Protocol)
- FTP/TLS, aka FTPS (FTP secured over SSL/TLS)
- SFTP (SSH Secure File Transfers)
- WebDAV (Web based Distributed Authoring and Versioning)
Cyberduck FTP client main features
- Easy bookmarking with drag and drop
- File synchronization of remote directories
- Support for public key authentication
- Expanding of .zip and .tar files remotely using SSH
- Editing files on the server using an external editor
- Bandwidth and concurrent transfers can be limited
- Preserving timestamps when uploading or downloading
This free open source FTP client supports cloud storage services like Amazon S3, Google Storage, Google Docs, Windows Azure and Rackspace Cloud files. The Cyberduck FTP client works with open cloud software from Eucalyptus and OpenStack.
Visit Cyberduck home page